Through its membership program, ICER convenes leading health care organizations to shape the future of evidence-based policy in the US.
Members work together in a non-adversarial environment to contribute to the development of influential policy recommendations and provide insights into methods to strengthen real world application of evidence based policy.
ICER selects members with the goal of maintaining balance across industries to represent a broad range of organizational perspectives. Membership dues go to member-specific activities and do not fund ICER reports. Participation in the program does not provide members with influence into ICER’s health technology assessments.
Interested in Membership?
ICER has a limited number of spots for Standard and Flagship members. For more information, see ICER’s Membership Overview.
If you are interested in applying for membership, please express interest to Laura Cianciolo no later than March 31, 2020. The next Membership cycle will begin on July 1, 2020.
ICER hosts senior leaders from membership companies for an annual meeting to deliberate on important issues related to comparative effectiveness research, technology assessment, coverage decision-making, and health care financing. ICER incorporates key policy recommendations produced at the meetings into white papers for peer-reviewed publication. Please find ICER’s white papers for 2016-2019 below.
Rebates — March 2019
- Value, Access, and Incentives for Innovation: Policy Perspectives on Alternative Models for Pharmaceutical Rebates
- Real World Evidence for Coverage Decisions: Opportunities and Challenges (March 2018)
- Understanding the Context, Selecting the Standards: A Framework to Guide the Optimal Development and Use of Real World Evidence for Coverage and Formulary Decisions (March 2018)
- Gene Therapy: Understanding the Science, Assessing the Evidence, and Paying for Value (March 2017)
- Indication-specific pricing of pharmaceuticals in the United States health care system (March 2016)
America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
Blue Shield of CA
Cambia Health Solutions and MedSavvy
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC)
Johnson & Johnson
Merck & Co.
National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC)
Premera Blue Cross
For more information on becoming a member, please contact Laura Cianciolo, Program Manager.