Through its Policy Leadership Forum, ICER convenes leading health care organizations to shape the future of evidence-based policy in the US.
Policy Leadership Forum members work together in a non-adversarial environment to contribute to the development of influential policy recommendations and provide insights into methods to strengthen real world application of evidence-based policy.
ICER selects Forum members with the goal of maintaining balance across industries to represent a broad range of organizational perspectives. Dues go to Forum-specific activities and do not fund ICER reports. Participation in the program does not provide members with influence into ICER’s health technology assessments.
ICER has a limited number of spots for Standard and Flagship members. For more information, see ICER Policy Leadership Forum Overview.
If you are interested in applying for the Policy Leadership Forum, please express interest to Amanda Mehlman. The next Policy Leadership Forum membership cycle will begin on July 1, 2021.
ICER hosts senior leaders from Forum companies for an annual meeting to deliberate on important issues related to comparative effectiveness research, technology assessment, coverage decision-making, and health care financing. ICER incorporates key policy recommendations produced at the meetings into white papers for peer-reviewed publication. Please find ICER’s white papers for 2016-2020 below.
Fair Patient Access – September 2020
- Cornerstones of ‘Fair’ Drug Coverage: Appropriate Cost-Sharing and Utilization Management Policies for Pharmaceuticals
- Value, Access, and Incentives for Innovation: Policy Perspectives on Alternative Models for Pharmaceutical Rebates (March 2019)
- Real World Evidence for Coverage Decisions: Opportunities and Challenges (March 2018)
- Understanding the Context, Selecting the Standards: A Framework to Guide the Optimal Development and Use of Real World Evidence for Coverage and Formulary Decisions (March 2018)
- Gene Therapy: Understanding the Science, Assessing the Evidence, and Paying for Value (March 2017)
- Indication-specific pricing of pharmaceuticals in the United States health care system (March 2016)
Current Policy Leadership Forum Members
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- Blue Shield of CA
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- CVS Caremark
- Envolve Pharmacy Solutions
- Express Scripts
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC)
- Kaiser Permanente
- LEO Pharma
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Merck & Co.
- National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC)
- Premera Blue Cross
- Prime Therapeutics
- United Healthcare
For more information on becoming a member of the Policy Leadership Forum, please contact Amanda Mehlman, Director of Strategic Partnerships.