YOU ARE INVITED
ICER Colloquium Series, Pricing in a Pandemic: Options, Debate, a Path Forward
Session One: Cost-Recovery Pricing
- Webinar Date: July 24, 2020, from 12-1:30 pm ET
- Afton Cissell, JD, Senior Counsel to Congressman Lloyd Doggett (D-Tex)
- Ronny Gal, Analyst, Sanford C. Bernstein
- David Mitchell, Founder, Patients For Affordable Drugs
- Aaron Kesselheim, MD, JD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Randy Burkholder, Vice President, Policy and Research at PhRMA
- Audience: Free and open to the public
Before the talk, take a look at our white paper on “Alternative Policies for Pricing Novel Vaccines and Drug Therapies for COVID-19.”
ICER published a white paper to inform public and policy maker discussion of “Alternative Policies for Pricing Novel Vaccines and Drug Therapies for COVID-19.” To complement the white paper, ICER will host a three-part online colloquium series of 90-minute webinars featuring leading health policy and industry experts from around the country who will debate the advantages and disadvantages of many different potential approaches to developing and pricing medicines during a pandemic.
The first colloquium will cover cost-recovery pricing in which prices are set at a level needed to cover all the costs borne by the manufacturer in making the treatment.